In 2016, the author of “Times & Epochs” Alexei Ovcharenko and General Director of the “Ratobortsy” agency Denis Dyomin received the Mayor’s Prize in the field of tourism — “For the popularization of the historical and cultural heritage of Moscow, the organization and holding of the festival series “Times & Epochs”. This was a worthy completion of the first series of “Times & Epochs.”
“Times & Epochs” became possible due to the fact that in 2011 representatives of the Moscow Government and the Department of Tourism of Moscow believed in the dream of a major historical festival in the capital and supported this risky idea with actions and money.
The whole series is united by the idea of a “portal into the past”. Every year the festival theme changes:
- 2011. “Times & Epochs. Ancient Russia with your own eyes”.
- 2012. “Times & Epochs. The Moscow Kingdom”.
- 2013. “Times & Epochs. Middle Ages”.
- 2014. “Times & Epochs. 1914/2014”.
- 2015. “Times & Epochs. Rome”.
- 2016. “Times & Epochs. The thousand swords battle”.
Because of the huge popularity of the festival, it was decided in 2017 to bring the project to a new level — in scale, duration and diversity. “Times & Epochs. The Gathering” will spread to the whole Moscow and become one of the main events in the world of historical reenactment.